Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cocktails - Bright, Fruity and Tropical

This post is not really gal related, but something I find interesting: mixology.  The idea of this post came up since for my friend's birthday party, I'm going to be playing bartender and mixing cocktails for everyone.  I'm actually planning to enroll in bartending school once I turn 18, so that will be my part time job to help pay for school and other expenses. 

I'm thinking of making this a series, so the first one is tropical focused, since thats the focus for our party.  I love these sorts of cocktails, since not only do they taste good, but they're nice to look at!





Tequila / Vodka Sunrise
This is one of my favourites, since it's so pretty.  It's usually made with tequila, but it's just as good with vodka.  


Paradise
I can't ever get over the beautiful shade of orange / yellow, its like gold~ like paradise in El Dorado.. that's probably where it got it's name. : P

Blue Hawaiian
Another one of my favourites.. mostly because it's one of my favourite shades of blue!  It's probably my ideal cocktail.  

Sex on the Beach
As you can probably tell from the name, it's a very "sexy" drink.  I think the shades of red show that well, since red is the colour of lust / love and it manages to stay tropical and beachy.
Pina Colada
This one is a lot more widely known than others~ but it deserves it!  Not only does it taste good, but it's so different from others and relaxing.

Mimosa
I might be the only one here, but I'm actually a big fan of mimosas.  There is just something so nice about the combination of orange juice and champagne.


That's it for now~ I will probably post more in future posts but I don't want this to be too long.  I'll take some pictures of my first cocktails and will be sure to post them when the time comes!




No comments:

Post a Comment